The Customer Service Accessibility Policy (“the Policy”) applies to employees who provide goods and/or services for Reynolds Custom Machine Inc.
The Policy is in place in order to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. is committed to employees providing appropriate customer service to individuals with disabilities. This customer service standard is based on and adheres to the core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
Employees will respond to customers requiring accessible customer service in a respectful manner with the appropriate accessibility tools that Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. has available.Staff Procedures and Instructions
The following elements are cornerstones in providing accessible customer service:
- Reynolds Custom Machine Inc employees will treat every individual with respect.
- Courtesy and attention will be given to the needs of the individual. Employees will be flexible in meeting their customer's needs.
- Trained staff will apply their knowledge of accessibility resources in fulfilling requests in a timely manner or else present reasonable alternatives when requests cannot be immediately met.
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers and will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:Communication
Staff will be trained on how to interact with people with various types of disabilities and will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.Telephone Services
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. is committed to providing fully accessible telephone services to our customers. Staff will be trained to clearly communicate with customers over the phone using plain language and speaking clearly and slowly.Assistive Devices
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc.is committed to ensuring that staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices in order to help customers with disabilities that use assistive devices.Service Animals and Support Persons
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. is committed to training staff in order to welcome people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal and/or support persons on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties.Notice of Temporary Disruption
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. will provide customers with notice in the event of a disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters.Training for Staff
Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. will provide training to all employees who deal with the public and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices and procedures. This training will take place in the first three months of employment.
Training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing goods and services
- Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Applicable staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.Feedback Process
Feedback regarding the way Reynolds Custom Machine Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by calling our St George location and asking for a member of the Human Resources Department or you may access our company website at reynoldsmachine.ca and click on email@example.com. All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources Department and enquiries can expect to hear back in 4 business days.